Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries

I'm not going to lie - it's been a hectic spring, and is shaping up to be a crazy summer. But I am taking a page from the song Life's Just a Bowl of Cherries and reminding myself to "live and laugh at it all."

Because it's actually the best time of year at the local farmers markets. Late season rhubarb next to strawberries; early cherries a sign of other stone fruits to come. All crying out to be tucked inside one signature dish....pie.

Unfortunately, I am not much of a baker. But with the Fourth of July around the corner, a new pocket pie gadget and pre-made crust in my freezer, I may just break out of my comfort zone.

Until then, my farmers market buys look fantastic in the stoneware Farmers Market Basket from Anthropologie!

Life is just a bowl of cherries

So live and laugh,
Laugh and love
Live and laugh at it all!

No comments: